Showing Appreciation All Year Long
Ways to say “thank you” year round.
The holiday season is the perfect time to show your appreciation to everyone who contributes to your success. It’s why many companies choose this time of year to give out bonuses or employee gifts. But what about the rest of the year? Who says you can’t show your appreciation all the time?
There’s no rule that says you can’t and in fact, gift giving year round can actually make a much more memorable impact. Here are some ideas on how to make everyone feel appreciated year round:
- Actually say “Thank you” – It should be obvious, but too often actually verbalizing your appreciation is neglected. Take the time to say thanks for a job well done.
- Throw a party – Work parties are a great way to improve morale and build stronger teams. Plan a pizza party for lunch, or knock off a few hours early for a happy hour. Parties are a great way to celebrate organizational achievements or just have a good time.
- Give an office gift – A new piece of equipment like a fancy coffee machine is a great way to show your team you value them. Communal items are best when they’re things that a large percentage of your staff will use.
- Give awards – Incentives and recognition are a great way to motivate your staff. Show them that their hard work has not gone unnoticed with a small plaque or trophy they can proudly display on their desk.
- Give an annual big gift – Unless your company is wildly successful, you probably can’t afford to give every employee the latest tablet or a fancy watch. But you probably can afford one. Let your employees know you’ll be giving away a big ticket item to the year’s top performer (or performers, depending on your budget), and watch them strive for excellence.
A little appreciation goes a long way. Make sure your staff knows how much you value them by thanking them not just at the holidays, but year round.