Work Wear and the Activewear Trend
The Past, Present and Future of the Activewear Trend
For the past several years we have all seen, and probably been a part of, the growing trend of activewear. And even more recently, we have seen activewear move from weekends and evenings to casual office days, to even day-to-day office apparel. But is the common use of athletic wear on the decline? It has been trending for multiple years and based on the typical bell cycle of trends, it would seem like this style would be on its way out.
How Does a Trend Lifecycle Work?
At one time, the trend cycle was more scientific and anticipated. Trend watchers would anticipate a revival of styles every 10-20ish years. But, with social media and the internet changing the landscape, styles and trends from any generation at any time can be seen as fashionable, and many times within one look or several looks throughout a person’s weekly wardrobe.
Is Activewear on the Decline?
So far, we would disagree that the trend is on the decline, and we’re not alone. People continue to maintain extremely busy lifestyles, and the more integrated and seamless they can approach one task to the next, the better. On top of that, the ability to pull off high-end looking athletic wear is much easier today. But what may be changing the trend is how high-cost brands are declining their growth in the market while fast-fashion is picking it up at a rapid pace. And with that opportunity, the door to customized athleisure apparel is even more enticing to brands everywhere.
Your Brand + Active Wear = More Impressions
This is your chance to create a look for all of your employees that will be appreciated and used at work, at the gym and while running errands or at home. And having apparel that can transition from situation to situation with your organization’s message on it means huge visibility in the marketplace.
What Works Best for Your Brand
There are a lot of options on StaplesPromotionalProducts.com for activewear – from Performance T-shirts to Men’s and Ladies’ Activewear categories, you will have your work cut out for you to pick just what your office needs. Here are some favorites that we’ve seen customers love:
- Quarter-zip pullovers and full-zip lightweight jackets are big sellers for our men’s wear
- Whether you love them or hate them, leggings are a great pick for women.
- Ladies’ fitted pullovers are always a sure win as well. But we just love the look of this Eco-Jersey Maxi Dress that can transition without thought from the office, to running an errand, to dinner out.
The Active Accessory
Beyond the apparel, which makes sense from a work wear perspective, don’t forget about the accessories that your employees and customers will love to pull out while at the gym, running errands or hunkering down to finish a task at work.
- Pick a duffle bag or backpack that can carry gym supplies and work gear
- Headphones can be used anywhere to help boost productivity and focus
- Water bottles are always a huge hit, but with the surge in stainless steel, double insulated cups we think the Himalayan Tumblers will be a huge hit
- And for the piece de resistance, the ever-useful umbrella will be greatly appreciated all year long
This article is part of a series titled Work Wear. This series is perfect for anyone looking to outfit their teams, whether for travel, comfort or the many other reasons your office may need to offer branded apparel. Check out the other articles in the series and be sure to share with your colleagues.